2008年8月1日 星期五

Lonely No More

I listened to this song on radio this morning, and I was attracted to it.
This song is sung by the vocal of matchbox 20--Rob Thomas.





Some sentences of It's lyric reflect my mood, but I am not aggressive like that .
Compared with "Unwell" and "Smooth" which are also famous songs written or sung by Rob Thomas, "Lonely no more" much appeals to me.



LYRIC

Now it seems to me
That you know just what to say
But words are only words
Can you show me something else

Can you swear to me that you’ll always be this way?
Show me how you feel
More than ever baby

Well I don’t want to be lonely no more
I don’t want to have to pay for this
I don’t want another lover at my door
It’s just another heartache on my list

I don’t wanna be angry no more
You’re the one who could never stand for this
So when you tell me that you love me, know for sure
I don’t wanna be lonely anymore


Ooooh Oooooh Oooooh Ooooh
Now it’s hard for me
When my heart’s still on the mend
Open up to me
Like you do your girlfriends
And you sing to me
And it’s harmony
Girl what you do to me is everything
Let me say anything just to get you back again
Why can’t we just try?


I don’t want to be lonely no more
I don’t want to have to pay for this
I don’t want another lover at my door
It’s just another heartache on my list

I don’t wanna be angry no more
You’re the one who could never stand for this
So when you tell me that you love me, know for sure
I don’t wanna be lonely anymore


Ooooh Oooooh Oooooh Ooooh

What if I was good to you?

What if you were good to me?
What if I could hold you till I feel you move inside of me?
What if it was paradise?
What if we were symphonies?
What if I gave all my life to find some way to stand beside you?

I don’t want to be lonely no more
I don’t want to have to pay for this
I don’t want another lover at my door
It’s just another heartache on my list

I don’t wanna be angry no more
You’re the one who could never stand for this
So when you tell me that you love me, know for sure
I don’t wanna be lonely any more

Ooooh Oooooh Oooooh Ooooh

I don’t wanna be lonely any more
I don’t wanna be lonely no more
I don’t wanna be lonely no more
I don’t wanna be lonely any more


--------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Rob Thomas所隸屬的火柴盒20(Matchbox Twenty)成軍於1996年,在短短幾年間已在樂壇締造多項令人咋舌的非凡成就。隸屬Post-Grunge音樂範疇的Matchbox 20,在才氣縱橫的主唱Rob Thomas引領下,此團成為最佳代表性的典範之最,將走入90年中即告勢微的Grunge樂派,舖下另一道血脈,並傳承其扎實的音樂風格,表現出更具流暢感與精緻度的音樂新導向,也讓Matchbox Twenty成為近年來樂史上最受推崇、聲勢持續不墜的一個搖滾團體。

身為Matchbox 20靈魂人物的Rob Thomas,從未想過能成為別人眼中所謂的「超級搖滾巨星」,一直謙虛的以創作人身分自居,隨性率真、翱翔自我地編寫出多樣迥異風格之作品!出生德國軍事基地的Rob,17歲時逃離高中教育和不完整的家庭生活,靠著搭便車在美國東南部一帶流浪,能夠讓他依靠、宣洩情緒的唯有『音樂』。直至遇到有著相同音樂理念的鼓手Paul Doucette、貝斯手Brian Yale、與雙吉他手Adam Gaynor和Kyle Cook,自此Matchbox 20便羽化成型。

1996年順利推出首張專輯【Yourself Or Someone Like You】後,陸續發行【Mad Season】(2000)與【More Than You Think You Are】(2002)等三張專輯,Rob Thomas帶領Matchbox 20締造8首全美排行榜冠軍單曲,其中抒情佳作Unwell,更創下蟬連全美成人抒情榜18週冠軍紀錄!全球累積超過兩千五百萬張的驚人銷售量,成績斐然!Rob Thomas個人魅力更是所向披靡,3座葛萊美獎、13次BMI金獎,蟬連2屆Billboard年度最佳創作人。1999年Rob Thomas與山塔那合寫合唱的單曲Smooth,不僅幫助山塔那東山再起,重返流行歌壇,更入選為滾石雜誌百大單曲、全美12週冠軍,橫掃葛萊美八項大獎,自此Rob Thomas獨樹一格的創作實力,終獲得全球壓倒性的讚賞與認同!不刻意突顯俊秀外型的他,仍被時人雜誌選為『全球50名最美麗的人物』之一,美國週刊亦封他為本世紀最性感的搖滾男歌手。

當締造出Smooth的經典新史後,Rob Thomas開始有了推出個人專輯的概念,經過五年的構思,Rob單飛不解散,推出首張個人完整大碟【...something to be】!專輯請來各界知名樂手助陣,並交由Rob Thomas多年夥伴Matt Serletic(Santana、Aerosmith、Courtney Love)全權製作。在完全不設限的狀態下延伸出音樂的各種可能性,Rob想以這張專輯呈現他在Matchbox 20時期與單飛後的不同,企圖創造出風格迥異又別具巧思的音樂。沒有變的是,Rob Thomas還是會創作出別具個人風格又能引起全球樂迷共鳴的歌曲。

1 則留言: